BI, Business Intelligence Software. Above All, What To Do?
Business Software – Business intelligence (BI) software has, However, become a necessary tool in the era of big data.
For example, your organization collects tons of data about your customers, website. And, total health of the company. But, most importantly without BI software, making sense of that information is nearly impossible.
Therefore, BI software helps companies analyze massive amounts of information. And make data-driven decisions at the speed of business.
For example, you can use BI software to predict consumer buying behavior or project the financial impact of an operations decision. Rather than waiting for a quarterly or annual report. As a result, you can leverage BI software for real-time data insights.
Therefore, here are my top picks and a brief buyer’s guide. To help you narrow the field down to an option that works for you.
#1 – Business Software – Zoho Analytics Review — Best for Data Visualization
More than 500,000 companies and 2+ million users rely on Zoho Analytics for business intelligence. And, consequently, it’s trusted by well-known brands like HP, Hyundai, Ikea, and Suzuki.
Compared to other solutions on our list. Zoho Analytics is definitely a bit more user-friendly. If you’re just getting your feet wet with BI software. To clarify,this tool won’t have as steep of a learning curve.
My favorite part about Zoho Analytics is the visual reporting. For instance, a Non-technical user can easily navigate within the platform to create. And view custom reports that are easy to comprehend. Other features and benefits include:
- Ability to embed analytics in your product, website, portal, or application
- Integrates with 500+ tools out of the box
- Secure team collaboration features
- Augmented analytics powered by AI
- Blend data from multiple sources into single dashboards
- Assess the health of your entire organization across each department
- Customize reports with drag-and-drop dashboard
- White-labeling capabilities with ability to fully re-brand the portal
- Powerful HTTP-based web APIs for scalability and extensibility
You can even access your BI reports on the go with the Zoho Analytics app. Also, available on iOS and Android.
However, Zoho Analytics is the best beginner-friendly BI software on the market today. Plans start at $22 per month, and you can try it free for 15 days.
#2 – Business Software – TIBCO Jaspersoft Review — Best for Embedded Analytics
TIBCO Jaspersoft is a developer-friendly business intelligence solution. Most importantly, the software uses embedded BI. Which brings the power of business intelligence directly into your company’s applications.
The dashboards are ultimately displayed within the interface of the application, therefore enhancing the end-user experience. And, above all, improve decision-making in real-time.
Moreover, more than 500,000 developers across different industries use TIBCO Jaspersoft. To improve applications for millions of users. Here are some of the reasons why this BI tool ranks so high on my list:
- Customizable visual reporting
- Production reporting for high volume distribution to the masses
- Deploy using any method with an agnostic architecture that’s 100% open
- Pre-configured multi-tenant support
- Ad hoc self-service reporting
- Big data connectivity for native reporting and real-time analytics
Consequetly, the tool is a bit unique. That is to say, in the sense that it’s built for developers. But enhances the decision making for end users. If you don’t have a technical background. Just to clarify, you won’t really be qualified to deploy this on your own.
However, You Try TIBCO Jaspersoft free for 30 days to see if it’s right for your business before buying.
#3 – Business Software – Entrinsik Informer Review — Best for Analyzing Multiple Departments
Entrinsik Informer – In short, is perfect for large organizations that collect data from multiple sources. And, therefore, you need to make sense of that information. However, within different departments.
Again, most importantly. The software makes it easy for you to connect data from the cloud,. As well as, spreadsheets, unstructured web data, traditional databases, enterprise applications. And certainly, more. And aggregate it within a single source.
As a result, it’s a popular choice for manufacturing, insurance, distribution, education, and government organizations. Noteworthy features and highlights of Entrinsik Informer include:
- On-demand self-service reporting
- Powerful data visualizations
- Ability to evaluate roles of end-users across your organization
- Streamline data workflows
- Faster access to data with curated subsets of information
- Aggregated data flows for higher quality data
- Robust governance and security features including team roles and custom security levels
- Flexible architecture for endless extensibility
Therefore, businesses seeking a fast and simple way to discover intelligent data. This will be a top choice to consider.
Users across your entire organization. Such as department managers, business users, industry partners, data scientists, executives, database admins. And much more. Can all see unique information within Entrinsik Informer based on their needs and role.
Schedule a free demo to learn more.
#4 – Business Software – Sisense Review — Best BI Software for Complex Data
Sisense is one of the most popular BI tools on the market today. Therefore, it’s above all, used by developers, business leaders, product managers, and data professionals alike.
Because, the software is trusted by 10,000+ companies. Including well-known brands like GE, Verizon, Motorola, Wix, Hewlett Packard, and the Salvation Army.
Sisense has industry-specific solutions in categories like retail. And also, healthcare, government, manufacturing, marketing, supply chain management, and more. Therefore, they also have solutions that are tailored toward specific departments within your organization.
Noteworthy highlights of Sisense include:
- Ability to create powerful analytics applications
- Self-service analytics for each user
- Cloud-native data analytics
- Ability to embed analytics with full customization
- Deploy on-premises, in the cloud, or hybrid deployment with Windows or Linux
- Seamlessly integrate Sisense with your existing tools and branding
- Secure access to information at the object, data, and system levels
However, users of any technical skill level can use Sisense to transform complex data sets into interactive dashboards. Watch the demo and request a free quote to get started.
#5 – Business Software – Chartio Review — Best for Simple Charts and Dashboards
Chartio is a cloud-based BI solution. But, it empowers users of varying technical backgrounds to analyze data from business applications.
Most importantly, the tool makes it easy for you to simplify data with charts. As well as, dashboards for more informed decision making.
However, take a closer look at some of the top reasons, why in your business should consider using Chartio for business intelligence:
- Easy to share visuals in embedded web pages, Slack, PDFs, and more
- Tools for product managers, sales teams, and customer success
- Self-service functionality for all users (C-suite, sales reps, etc.)
- Easy to browse data with visual SQL
- Connect all data from multiple sources (Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, etc.)
- Create and save custom themes
- Collaboration and team chat tools
Chartio also provides exceptional support. They, also, view themselves as a strategic partner in your success. Therefore, they provide you with live training, extensive documentation, and access to experienced data advisors.
Plans start at $40 per user per month. You can try Chartio free for 14 days with a no-obligation trial.
#6 – Business Software – Tableau Review — Most Versatile BI Software
Tableau is an industry leader in the business intelligence space. That is to say, this software is trusted by individual analysts, small teams, large organizations, and everything in between.
They, also offer a wide range of BI tools, including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Online, Tableau Server, Tableau CRM, embedded analytics, server management, data management, and more. Therefore, the list goes on and on.
In addition to the extensive product offerings and use cases. Inaddition, it’s tableau also has industry-specific solutions. And tools based on different types of technology, making it the most versatile software in this category.
Top features of Tableau include:
- Cross-platform support (desktop, browser, mobile) and embedded analytics
- Team collaboration tools
- Advanced analytics displayed in powerful visual interface
- Easy to organize resources and content
- Centralized data sources and custom permissions
- Multiple deployment options (cloud, on-premises, hosted, Windows, Linux, Mac, multi-tenant)
- Actionable insights in real-time
- Easy to connect with data from multiple sources (Google Analytics, Salesforce, etc.)
- Ability to map your data
Overall, Tableau is robust and feature-rich. The only real downside is that it can be tough to figure out with so many capabilities. Most importantly, it can still be used by developers and non-technical users alike.
You can try Tableau for free with a 14-day trial.
How to Choose the Best Business Intelligence Software For You
However, finding the right BI software for your business can be challenging. If you don’t know what to look for.
As a result, we’ve created a simple buying guide with features, factors. And elements that must be taken into consideration as you’re shopping around.
Therefore, you need to keep an eye out for the following aspects of BI software as you’re comparing solutions. This will help you narrow your search down to a single product that will fit your specific needs.
Business Software – Data Sources
How are you going to integrate your existing data with your BI solution? For example, where is that data located?
Don’t make things more confusing for yourself. Above all, make sure you find a business intelligence tool. One, that makes it easy for you to connect with your existing data sources.
It’s worth noting that not every business intelligence software on the market will integrate with specific databases. So don’t make assumptions; always double-check that your data is compatible with the software in question.
Your BI software should seamlessly integrate with help desk tools, CRM, ERP software, advertising networks, and more. The best tools should accommodate cross-platform access to every user as well.
Howevre, if connecting your data sources is going to be an issue with a certain product. I’d find another option that makes the process seamless.
In other words, remember. There is anumber one reason why companies invest in BI software. That, is to make sense of their data. Therefore, it’s only natural that data reporting itself. Would rank so high on our list of factors to evaluate.
The best BI tools turn complex data into visuals that are easy to understand. However, you can view this information from real-time dashboards or turn them into individual reports.
Therfore, you will be able to share these reports with decision-makers. Like, stakeholders, clients, and other members of your team is also something that must be considered. Users that generate the reports won’t always be the people making sense of that information.
However, for all the complexity of the information going into reports. It must be easy enough to comprehend by the final decision-makers.
Business Software – Development Tools
Some business software or business intelligence software will improve the way you collect data as well.
Your in-house developers or IT department might want to implement custom application development into your processes. Certain tools will have pre-built analytics apps for you to use.
Other solutions offer developers an open API, making things easier for developers to customize apps with unique rules.
Business Software – Setup and Deployment
Unlike other types of business software on the market today, BI tools are a bit more complex. Getting started isn’t really as simple as clicking “sign up” and being done.
These solutions are highly customizable and built specifically for your business. The deployment process could potentially take weeks, depending on the software you choose. You’ll be faced with options for on-premises deployment, hybrid server deployment, desktop software, and cloud software deployment.
Cloud software is a great option for businesses on a tighter budget. This deployment method makes BI tools more easily accessible to smaller companies. But large organizations with complex data sets and custom needs would likely benefit more from on-site deployment.
Business Software – Ease of Use
Again, BI software can be complicated.
If it’s your first time using this type of software, don’t overwhelm yourself with a solution built for seasoned veterans.
Think about who will be using the software on a day-to-day basis. Is it your IT team? Sales reps? Product managers? Developers and tech-savvy individuals won’t have as steep of a learning curve as the average user.
Just make sure you understand the difference between tools that require advanced technical knowledge and software for beginners. Beginners should avoid software that’s built for data engineers.
Business intelligence software has rapidly gained popularity over the past few years. If your organization is ready to take your data analysis to the next level, I strongly suggest investing in a BI solution.
Which business intelligence tool is the best?
Just use the buying guide I outlined at the beginning of this article to help narrow down your options. Then start by exploring the top picks I reviewed:
- Zoho Analytics — Best for data visualization
- TIBCO Jaspersoft — Best for embedded analytics
- Entrinsik Informer — Best for Analyzing Multiple Departments
- Sisense — Best BI Software for Complex Data
- Chartio — Best for Simple Charts and Dashboards
- Tableau — Most versatile BI software
Consulting with Neil Patel
See How My Agency Can Drive Massive Amounts of Traffic to Your Website
- SEO – unlock massive amounts of SEO traffic. See real results.
- Content Marketing – our team creates epic content that will get shared, get links, and attract traffic.
- Paid Media – effective paid strategies with clear ROI.